Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Brown Paper Packages...

-Brown paper packages tied up with strings...
These are a few of my favorite things.
                            -Rodgers & Hamerstein

Well, our brown cardboard package came by way of UPS today.  (That doesn't sound nearly as romantic as a brown paper package, tied up with strings.) 


My heart seems to leap each I open our front door to find it there.  For some reason, I always feel a huge sense of relief.  Maybe it lightens up the stress of getting those meter errors and wasting a test strip.  Maybe it's the sense of preparedness it brings and helps me feel like we're properly stocked up.  Or maybe it's the memory of having to drive my preschooler out to Northridge, California (home of Medtronic) because we actually did run out of supplies during our first months of pumping.  I don't know.  But I certainly like the feeling of a full supply cupboard.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I so agree with that! I love receiving Tristan's supplies... it's like peace of mind! I have the right equipment to take care of him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started singing the song when I saw your title on twitter. :) I Love that song. And I love getting boxes of supplies (weird, but true). :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for commenting on our blog!