Although sports and different activities can be challenging when diabetes is involved, we're determined to not let it stop C. Whatever she's shown an interest in, we've let her try and try again. Here is a run-down of her experiences:
Sitting out of a soccer game because of a low blood sugar number.
sport/activity and their biggest diabetes challenge
- dance (ballet and tap)...skin-tight leotards over a pump site
- swimming...the old "unhooking/hooking up" pump trick
- soccer...trying not to go low and staying in the game
- gymnastics...skin-tight leotards, again and rolling/falling on site
- softball...protecting the pump and staying on top of bgs
- beach time...pump site and sand...need I say more?