Wednesday, June 17, 2009

10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Was a Kid

With age and experience, comes wisdom.

For some unknown reason, I have been thinking a lot about my childhood. What it was like. The feelings and emotions about certain situations I experienced. Maybe it's because summer is upon us...and my kids are driving me mad with expectations (swimming, beach, Raging Waters, sleep-overs, camping trips, movies, you name it).

Here are some things I wish I knew when I was a kid. I hope my kids will learn them.
  1. It's okay to have "nothing" to do. Soon, you will have too much to do. So enjoy it.
  2. Sometimes friendship is found in the least expected places.
  3. Mom says "no" to some things for your own good.
  4. In swimming, when your head is in the water, that's the best time to exhale.
  5. Sleep really is healthy for you.
  6. Sometimes, speaking up for yourself produces great results.
  7. Forgiveness releases you from misery's clutch.
  8. You should always hold the door for the person behind you.
  9. Sunscreen is a habit worth forming.
  10. Money has no expiration date. It's okay to save it.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for commenting on our blog!